Saturday, October 18, 2008

2: Paper Towns by John Green

So today I am going to write about a bunch of books i have read recently.

But, they are not going to be in the order I read them, just how excited I am to write about them.

And this one is first.

Paper Towns Pictures, Images and Photos
Just to explain a bit of back story; this is by one of my favorite authors (which you will soon notice because three of the books i am reviewing today are by him...) and one of my favorite youtubers. Actually the entire REASON i spend even an ounce of time on youtube. Well, his constant excitement had made me SUPER psyched to get his book.

Thursday, when i got home from school, when my mom gave me the book, i started to jump up and down. and squeal. and make other noises that i am not sure can be registered by the normal human ear.

Mmmhm. So basically i was really excited for this book.


And it was as good as i thought it would be. It is as good as his other books (Looking for Alaska, and An Abundance of Katherines), if not better. I read it in bout four hours and loved every minute of it. One thing i really like about John Green is that he doesn't talk down to his reader. He, unlike many young adult authors, realizes that his audience are intelligent human beings who crave intelligent literature.

Paper Towns is about Quenten Jacobsen, a senior in high school who has long been in love with his next door neighbor, Margo Roth Speigelman. When she disappears the day after taking Quenten on a late-night adventure, he embarks on an adventure to discover where she has gone, fearing the worst. In the end the book tackles big issues and questions about people which many young adult authors attempt to avoid.


9.5 out of 10

No comments: